Critical Thinking: The Soul of Communication

The excerpt “Critical Thinking, The Soul of Effective Communication” elaborated on the reasons why “critical thinking is the driver of effective communication”.

Personally, I feel that both skills will be the core skills needed for my future role as a leader in the workplace. In order to effectively convey my thoughts and interact with my colleagues, I must be able to first think critically. Through the process of critical thinking, I will be able to properly structure my thoughts and ensure that I include all the necessary information to be conveyed. This will be the basis for effective communication. 

When I am to convey my thoughts, effective communication will help me ensure that I deliver my thoughts in an appropriate tone. Additionally, I should take note of the appropriate body language. This will help lessen the chances of misunderstandings and forge trust with my future colleagues, improving team cohesion. This is important as the team’s performance will increase when there is trust among team members.

Thus, I believe that effective communication and critical thinking will enable me to better lead and bring my team together in the workplace.

Comments

Popular Posts